Due to an unexpected circumstance during our re-structuring of our admin team, we are looking for an administration officer at Clayton Park School to complete the original contract, having 6 months left to run. This means we are offering this position for a fixed term ending December 18 2018. The hours are from 8:15-3:15pm. You will start on Grade B, Step 8 which is $19.85 per hour. You have to be able to relate to and communicate with our school community. We are predominantly Maori and Pasifika.
It will be a bonus if you have a first aid certificate, experience working in a school, are Facebook literate and know how to use an EFTPOS machine (but we’ll train you up if you don’t know).
The admin officer performs various administrative tasks, including answering the phones and giving information to the public and customers. We are often the first staff member that the public has contact with, we are responsible for making a good first impression for the school.
What do we do:
- Answer, screen and forward phone calls
- Greet parents and visitors (and escort them to specific destinations)
- Contribute to the security of the school by helping to monitor visitors access (Pass Tab)
- Obtain or send information or documents using a computer or mail
- Copy, file, and maintain documents and records
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail and courier deliveries
- Sickbay duties such as cleaning and dressing any type of wounds, checking the temperature on sick children etc.
- Support staff and senior leadership with administration tasks
- Help/assist with school functions
- Fill stationery requests and stocktake.
- Request and follow up bus quotes for teachers.
- Manage printing needs and certificates for assemblies.
- Support the Finance officer where needed.
- Preparation of quotes
- Updating school documents
- Scheduling of emergency procedures
- Keeping the school Facebook and website up-to-date
- Interview preparations, managing CVs, setting up the interviews
- Keeping the foyer clean and tidy as well as the displays up-to-date
- Apply for funding grants
Skills we are looking for:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise your workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with cash handling and processing of payments
- Experience in a school setting, such as worked with children or school office (not compulsory but would help)
- Fast learner
- Able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher etc)
- Able to use Google Apps (Google docs, sheets, calendar etc)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent phone manner
- Experience with data entry
You will work alongside effective office and finance managers. They will assist you in the first instance with office tasks and work alongside you during your induction. You will receive First Aid training and your certificate. We will also listen to any proposals you have for other training that would benefit the school.
To apply for this position, please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Mon 30 July at 4pm and an immediate start is required.